WHO ARE WE
- Loving All Peoples is a network of multiplying churches. The goal of Loving All Peoples is making disciples and planting churches in all people groups and subgroups in a city. We are basically a network of multiplying house churches, although many groups will meet outside of the home.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- We are looking for people who want to be a part of a community of disciple makers who desire to come together to fully commit their lives for the sake of Jesus and the Great Commission through disciple making and church planting.
WHAT ARE WE ASKING PEOPLE TO DO
- We are asking people to join our church network and join or form a team that starts a multiplying home church.
ARE WE ASKING PEOPLE TO LEAVE THEIR EXISTING CHURCHES
There will be 3 types of people that we will attract:
- Unchurched people who have never been to a church.
- People who are disenfranchised with the institutionalized church.
- People who feel a calling to be sent out by their church for the purpose of planting churches. The goal would be to be sent out and blessed by your existing church.
To be clear, yes we are looking for committed people to our network. We don’t want to compete with your church experience. If you are happy where you are, then stay there. We strongly believe that for this to be effective, it is going to take commitment.
WHO AM I STARTING CHURCH WITH
- Although there are certain people who are going to be called or sent to cross-cultural situations (GO TEAMS- for example, you planting a church in an apartment complex with people you do not know), we feel the easiest and most effective way to reach people is to help you reach the people you are already around and have relationship with. This could be your neighbors, friends, co-workers, or your family.
- These are teams who are going to reach cross-culturally within different people groups or subgroups, for example, apartment communities. Teams will be trained to go into a community with the purpose of empowering people from the community to start a multiplying church.
HOW DO I FORM A TEAM
- With our help, the goal would be to find a small team of fully committed like-minded people who have a desire to make disciples and plant churches.
HOW DOES A TEAM EVOLVE INTO A CHURCH
- A team starts meeting together. Team members make new disciples. New believers are taken through a process of discovering God, discipleship, making disciples, becoming Church, and planting churches. This is a gradual process and leaders will naturally come out during this process.
WHO IS THE TEAM/CHURCH MADE UP OF
- Leaders, potential leaders, new disciples, and pre-believers. The team makes new disciples among pre-believers who are either brought into the group or a group is started among the pre-believers. This is determined by the relational oikos that person has or doesn’t have. The end goal is always to model and empower everyone in the group to make disciples and start another team/church.
HOW DO WE DEFINE CHURCH?
- The “Church” is the body of Christ (Matt 16:18), who together live out lives as disciples of Jesus and the Great Commission (Matt 28:18-20). Included in this is worship, prayer, sharing meals, participating in the Lord’s Supper, application of scripture, making disciples, teaching (acts 2:42-47), and leaders (shepherds, overseers, elders, etc.; Acts 14:23).
HOW DO CHURCHES MULTIPLY
- Everyone in the church/team from day one is being empowered to learn and apply the Bible for themselves and facilitate a group. Because of the simplicity of the groups, everyone in the groups will be capable of leading one of these groups with the backing of coaches and mentors. As people become disciples and start loving others and sharing with others, there will naturally be opportunities for more groups to start. Another way to start groups is by training other existing believers to start teams/churches.
WHO IS OVERSEEING THESE CHURCH PLANTS
- The LAP team is considered the overseers of new teams and church plants in the beginning. When these teams/churches are established and start new groups, they will oversee the new groups. The goal is for new believers to eventually become leaders and oversee new church plants themselves.
HOW OFTEN DO CHURCHES MEET
- Each situation and community is different, so it just depends. We will talk through this. Ideally once a week. Of course, the more you meet the better but sometimes you need to be creative.
WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS
- This is one of the most common questions we get and there is not one simple answer because everyone is in different situations. Do we want the kids involved? Not only do we want the kids involved, we want to empower kids and empower parents to develop a spiritual relationship as a family. So, after we discuss your situation, community, age of kids, etc., then we can work together to determine how each community can get their kids involved. The key is to have them involved and to be creative about it.
WHAT ABOUT TITHING
- We know that people have different interpretations regarding tithing. We just want you to hear our hearts about giving. Our heart is to reach people! Plain and simple. We don’t expect everyone to give and are never going to require people to give. We simply want you to have a heart for people. Our goal is to help you live out the Great Commission. The Great Commission involves doing anything we can to reach people. Sometimes it involves money going to start new church plants (explanation below). Sometimes it is for providing resources (Bibles, etc.) or for outreach. Sometimes it involves travel for training in new cities. Sometimes it includes providing for special needs in your community or churches. The point is, we trust for each church that God will show you what needs to be done to reach more people. Imagine though using money for the purpose of reaching people!
Note: In our network, money WILL NOT be used to purchase buildings since all of our churches will typically meet in homes or in the work place, or wherever. 100% goes to reaching people! We honestly think that would excite people and we also think it would excite groups or churches to know they can be involved in helping to reach people and to plant churches around the world.
WHO WILL THE MONEY GO THROUGH
- Money will be used in different ways. We want people to experience giving to each other and giving to people in need (Acts 2:45; Acts 4:32), and giving to plant more churches. In certain situations (meeting a need in your church), you can gather it for your own church/team and do what God leads you to do with it. In other situations, the money will be used for planting more churches and can go through our nonprofit 501(c)3 organization and we will coordinate with each church where the money will go.
HOW IS MONEY USED TO PLANT MORE CHURCHES
- Our LAP team is made up of full-time individuals or couples who are planting churches among their own people groups. These full-time people are vital to the process. They basically oversee the church planting process over their own people groups, which includes training, coaching, mentoring, and strategy. This has been highly effective. With certain people groups, we will need to add more inside leaders in our own city and when churches start multiplying, there will also be a need to add leaders in other cities and other countries. Imagine having the opportunity for your own team/church to use money to back a full-time leader to start a new multiplying church in another U.S. city or country.
WILL I RECEIVE TRAINING
- Yes! There will be different training options depending on your situation.
WILL I HAVE ONGOING COACHING
Yes! We are in it with you all the way. You will never be alone or expected to do this all on your own. The LAP team is here to help you start your team and guide you through the process of planting churches.
HOW CAN YOU START
- Contact us and let’s talk or meet. 2145078828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org