Who are we?
- LAP (Loving All Peoples) CHURCH is a network of multiplying churches. The goal of LAP Church is making disciples and planting churches that multiply. In the last two years our team has started over 200 what we call Discovery Groups, which many have evolved into churches. We are basically a network of house churches, although many groups will meet outside of the home.
Who are we looking for?
- We are looking for people who want to be a part of a church planting movement.
What are we asking people to do?
- We are asking people to join our church network and form a team that will start groups with prebelievers that evolve into church. Before you get overwhelmed with the thought of planting a church, talk to us first. It is simple and can easily be replicated. We will coach you basically how to empower unchurched people to lead the group. The goal is not for you to be in this group or lead this group. Your job is to disciple, coach, and support.
Are we asking people to leave their existing churches to join our network?
There will be 3 types of people that we will attract:
- Unchurched people who have never been to a church.
- People who are disenfranchised with the institutionalized church.
- People who feel a calling to leave their church for the purpose of planting churches. Goal is to be sent out and blessed by your existing church.
To be clear, yes we are looking for committed people to our network. We don’t want to compete with your church experience. If you are happy where you are, then stay there. The point is that we strongly believe that for this to be effective, it is going to take commitment.
Who am I starting a church with?
- Although there are certain people who are going to be called or sent to cross-cultural situations (GO TEAMS), for example, you planting a church in an apartment complex with people you do not know. We feel the easiest and most effective way to reach people is to help you reach the people who are already around you and who you already have relationship with. This could be your neighbors, friends, co-workers, or your family.
- These are teams that are going to reach cross-culturally within different people groups or subgroups. For example, apartment communities. Teams will be trained to go into a community, form a group with prebelievers, evolve into church, and pass that church onto the people in the community.
How does a group evolve into a church?
- A leader gathers prebelievers and takes them through a process of discovering God, discipleship, making disciples, becoming Church, and planting churches . This is a gradual process that the group goes through together. Typically, groups take several months to a year to go through the process of learning about God and becoming a disciple. Group are typically baptized together and leaders who will start to lead the group will naturally come out during this process.
How do Churches multiply?
- Everyone in the group from day one is being empowered to learn and apply the Bible for themselves and facilitate a group. Because of the simplicity of the groups, everyone in the groups will be capable of leading one of these groups. So naturally as people become disciples and start loving others and sharing with others, there will naturally be opportunity for more groups to start. Another way is teaching other existing believers to start groups themselves with prebelievers.
Who is overseeing these church plants?
- The LAP team is considered the overseers of new teams and church plants in the beginning. When teams are established and start groups, the team oversees the groups. The goal is for new believers to eventually become leaders and oversee new church plants themselves.
How often do we meet?
- Every situation and community is different, so it just depends. We will talk through this. Of course the more you meet the better but sometimes you need to be creative here in the U.S.. Teams will initially meet every week or every other week. The groups that are started by the teams ideally should meet every week but its possible to be creative and meet every other week. The team and the groups started are always in contact with each other for support. Some of the groups formed might also come together once a month or every now and then for a “Gathering” for the purpose of celebration and testimony.
What about the kids?
- This is one of the most common questions we get and there is not one simple answer because everyone is in different situations. Do we want the kids involved? Not only do we want the kids involved, we want to empower kids and empower parents to develop a spiritual relationship as a family. So after we discuss your situation, community, age of kids, etc, then we can work together to determine how each community can get their kids involved. The key is to have them involved and be creative about it.
What about tithing?
- This is a complicated issue. We are not going to attempt to define what tithing is because we know that people are where they are and we are fine with that. We just want you to hear our hearts about giving. You are going to hear from some that tithing is an Old Testament concept and no longer required. You are going to hear that giving is up to every person through prayer. And from some that you are not required to give anything. Our heart is to reach people! Plain and simple. We don’t expect everyone to give and are never going to require people to give. We simply want you to have a heart for people. Our goal is to help you live out the Great Commission. The Great Commission involves doing anything we can to reach people. Sometimes it involves money going to start new church planters. Sometimes it is for providing resources (including Bibles) or for outreach. Sometimes it involves travel for training in new cities. Sometimes it includes providing for special needs in your community or churches. The point is, we trust for each church that God will show you what needs to be done to reach more people. Imagine though using money for the purpose of reaching people!
Note: In our network, money WILL NOT be used for buildings since all of our churches will typically meet in homes or in the work place, or wherever. 100% goes to reaching people! We honestly think that would excite people. And we also think it would excite groups or churches to know they can be involved in helping reach people and planting churches around the world.
Who will the money go through?
- Money will be used in different ways. We want people to experience giving to each other, giving to people in need, and giving to plant more churches. In certain situations you can gather it for your own team and do what God leads you to do with it. In other situations the money will be used for planting more churches and can go through our nonprofit 501c3 and we will use the money (in coordination with each church) on where the money will go.
How is money used to plant more churches?
- Our LAP team is made up of international couples who are planting churches among their own people groups. They basically oversee the church planting process over their own people groups. This has been highly effective. With certain people groups, we will need to add more insider leaders to oversee the church planting process and when churches start multiplying like they have been, there is also a need to add team leaders in other cities and other countries. Imagine having the opportunity for your own team/church to use money to start a new multiplying church in another US city or country.
Will I receive training?
- Yes! There will be different training options depending on your situation.
Will I have ongoing coaching?
Yes! We are in it with you all the way. You will never be alone or expected to do this all on your own. The LAP team is here to help you start your team and guide you though the process of planting churches.
How can you start?
- Contact us and lets talk or meet. 2145078828 or email email@example.com