Reaching All Peoples From Within
- The goal of the “Insiders Fund” is to financially support local “insider” missionaries to make disciples and start disciple-making churches within their own cultures that multiply here locally and worldwide.
“MULTIPLY“ YOUR GIVING
- Have you ever wished that you could be a part of making disciples of Jesus and planting churches all around the world? Imagine financially investing in a process where disciples are trained to multiply disciples and multiply churches in numerous people groups here locally and around the world. Imagine seeing one church grow into hundreds and even thousands of churches. You have this opportunity here in DFW and around the globe.
REACHING DFW AND BEYOND
- The Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex has become one of the most diverse metropolitan areas in the United States and it will continue in that direction. Every day, 500 people move into DFW and out of that, 70% are foreign born. Over 44% of DFW is new American. English is the 2nd language of one-third of DFW households. There are 297 languages spoken in DFW!
- Reaching all people groups in the DFW area seems like a daunting task. On one side, it seems highly complicated and too complex, but with complexity comes potential. The potential is for the first time in history, we can actually reach multiple people groups around the world through reaching people in our own city. The reason for this is not only diversity, but also technology that makes disciple making efforts possible through families and friends.
- Typical overseas missionary strategies that are highly effective happen when outside foreign missionaries partner with local believers from inside a certain culture (“insiders”), and support their work through training, strategy, spiritual support, and even financial support. Hundreds of thousands of churches are being planted around the world this way. The typical model of reaching other cultures here in the U.S. is by encouraging individual Americans to engage people cross-culturally with little or no experience. Doing cross-culture work is extremely complicated because you are dealing with completely different worldviews, cultural differences, and extreme language barriers and even people who are trained for cross-cultural work repetitively run into walls. “Insiders” are going to be much more effective at reaching their own people groups because there are no cultural and language barriers.
- A giving fund has been created called the “Insiders Fund” for the purpose of hiring and supporting local missionaries and their efforts here in the DFW area, in other U.S. cities, and other countries.
- Note: There are also certain sub-groups here in the DFW area (the gay community, the sex industry, and international students for example) that need full-time leaders to create teams to reach these subgroups and to oversee the process.
- Read the Q/A below to find out more about supporting “insiders” here in the DFW area and beyond.
HOW TO GIVE:
Click here on the How To Donate Page
Why hire people full-time?
- Coaching catalytic “insiders” with normal full time jobs is essential but they simply do not have the time to effectively maintain and oversee a disciple making movement process. We find it imperative to hire full-time catalytic “insiders” who can oversee, plan, coach, train, and strategize to reach their own culture.
Why can’t they raise their own financial support?
- Typically, local missionaries in the U.S. are Americans who grew up here in the States and can be financially supported because they have years of building and establishing relationships with people who would support them. There may be several reasons why we do not see a lot of international local missionaries. One reason may be because the concept is foreign, or another reason could be that they do not have the relational community who could financially support them.
Is it the goal for our local missionaries to be self-supported?
- Our long-term goal is for our local missionaries to become self-supported. Each missionary’s situation will vary. It is our goal to provide for their financial needs for 1-3 years with the goal of coaching them to make connections with possible supporters. Their first year they will be supported through the “Insiders Fund.” The second year, the goal is for the missionary to be at least 25-50% self supported, and 75%-100% by year three. If in the end, raising full financial support is not possible for an individual, then Loving All Peoples through the “Insiders Fund” may decide to take responsibility for their salaries and ministry expenses.
Why are we having them raise their own support?
- If staff members are able raise their own support, then we will have the ability to hire more missionaries locally, in other cities, or in other countries, along with supporting those efforts financially.
- In the case of newly arrived refugees and asylees, because they often start off at extremely low paying jobs, we do not want to create a situation where they desire to come on our team with the wrong intentions. We believe having them raise their own support will help this potential situation.
- This will expand our ministry network. In our experience, we often make new ministry connections through raising support, whether it be financially or direct involvement in our ministry. This will also help our staff find more insiders from other communities.
For More Questions: